Worldwide Fur Free Friday (WFFF) is one of largest global days of action in the history of animal rights organizations. We have had rallies numbering up to 120 locations around the world; held on the Friday that is the beginning of the big holiday sales.
Simultaneous rallies worldwide, in one united voice to save the voiceless victims of the cruel fur trade.
This is your chance to add your voice! Contact your local animal rights movement and ask them about their plans for WFFF; if they haven’t planned a rally, ask them to plan one, offer your help.
If you need help and/or ideas for your rally please contact us at: www.antifurcoalition.org
The Goal is to inform the public of the true face of fur and about the millions of innocent fur bearing animals who are slaughtered each year, many skinned alive, including dogs and cats, all in the name of fashion fur, whether it is for a coat, a trim, for a toy or trinket! They live in torturous fur farms, going mad in filthy tiny wire cages and exposed to the elements or trapped in torment until they die alone or are killed skinned alive!
Join in this year’s WFFF and help put an end to their anguish!!!
Important points of attention for this year’s action are:
I Our victories across the globe:
1) Fur farms closing down in many nations
2) Local bans on the fur trade already passed and on the table to be passed as soon possible
3) More and more shops and chain shops removing fur from shelves for good.
4) Designers taking the pledge not to use fur
5) More and more people pledging to go fur free due to growing global awareness
II The fur industry is running scared
They fighting back and as to be expected, they fight dirty;
1) Spreading the rumor that ‘fur is making a comeback’, getting moral-less designers and celebrities to promote fur. Notice that they are but a few and the celebrities are disparate has-beens trying to make a big noise for money
2) But truth-be-told fur is being phased out and fast too!
3) The writing is on the wall and all the morally literate can read it!!!
III You could list of some of the above mentioned points (from ‘I’) on your banners and/or announcements.
Please give us as soon as possible the details of your local rally to put on our official list to enable activists to find the nearest rally to join, increasing our united call to end the cruel fur trade There will soon be a link on our site: www.antifurcoalition.org to upload the details of your rally,
The required details are:
2) Date and time (if you must, you can hold the rally on a date near the 26th of November too; e.g. Thursday 25th /Saturday 27th /Sunday 28th)
3) Name of contact person
4) Name of organization
5) Contact details: email/website/phone number
Suggestions and ideas to be used at rallies:
The below can be used in any combination that you see fit and that is acceptable at your rally.
1) Have activists come dressed in black and/or red; and/or as fur bearing animals;
2) They could be in costume, mask or body painting (some could represent the poor animal after being skinned)
3) Have activists holding candles and/or place candles around a mock memorial
4) Set up info tables, having leaflets, anti fur t-shirts and the like…
5) Have a screening (on a laptop/ portable DVD/ movie screen) of the true face of fur with a recording broadcasting the cries of the animals beings skinned!
6) Have a petition to sign
7) And of course, banners, posters, presentations showing the true face of fur!
8) Have someone give a speech on the true face of fur
9) Have all media at your rally to report!
Ideas for slogans:
1) ‘IF YOU BUY, THEY WILL DIE!!’
2) A POSTER SHOWING A FURRY MAMMAL “MY COAT IS MY BIRTHRIGHT! … WHAT RIGHT DO YOU HAVE?”
3) (SHOWING SKINNED ANIMAL) “UNFURGIVABLE!!”
4) FUR ON YOUR BACK, BLOOD ON YOUR HANDS!
5) ONLY BEAUTIFUL ANIMALS AND UGLY PEOPLE WEAR FUR
6) POSTER SHOWING A FURRY MAMMAL ‘BEFORE AND AFTER’- “LIFE IN PRISON AND DEATH SENTENCE; FOR YOUR GREED!”
7) FUR IS BACKWARDS, BARBARIC AND BRUTAL!”
8) (SHOWING SKINNED ANIMAL) “SKINNED ALIVE FOR FASHION, TRIM, TOYS AND TRINKETS!”
10) ALIENS KILLING & WEARING HUMAN SKIN/ HAIR - SAYING “IT’S OK; THEY ARE LESS EVOLVED THAN US!”
11) (SHOWING SKINNED ANIMAL) “FASHION VICTIM!!”
12) “FUR IS NOT MANUFACTURED – FUR IS BORN!!”
WILD TIME will also record footage during a "Fur is dead" anti fur protest in Birmingham on October 21st 2010